Christian Youth Film Fesitval
Rules & Guidelines
A panel of celebrities and industry professionals will rate the entries based on the following criteria
1. Spiritual statement – how well does the movie express a relevant issue from a Christian worldview?
2. Story – how well is the basic story crafted? (characters, structure, conflict, dialogue, etc...)
3. Originality – Is the story new and fresh?
4. Technical merit – how well is the movie directed, filmed, edited, etc?
Notice of acceptance and approximate screening schedule will be announced by April 13, 2021
- Jr. High Division (Ages 11-14)
- Senior High Division (ages 14-18)
- College Division (ages 18-24)
Animation, Documentary, Narrative
Awards include (but not limited to)
Best Application of Scripture
Best Original Song
Award winners may receive their trophies and/or giant checks with their team on-stage. If the winners or their representatives cannot be present; their awards, trophies, and or checks (not the giant ones) will be shipped pre-paid. Cash awards to be determined.
Rules for the 27th annual CYFF, May 1 & 2, 2021
1. The contest is open to youth ages 11-24, with complete disregard to geographical location, race, hair, religion, creed, sex, ancestry, disabilities, DNA, or military service.
2. Four divisions: Jr. High (ages 11-14); Senior High (ages 14-18), College (ages 18- 24)
3. All movies must have begun principle production after March 7, 2020. Writing and preproduction may be earlier.
4. Primary positions for talent and crew must be within the specified age range. Only supporting or auxilary roles may be from outside the age brackets. Writing, crew, and post production must be done by those of age within their division. If any crew or talent are outside the division age bracket, the individual will be ineligible for award consideration, and movie may be disqualified. Please contact us for clarification, if needed.
5. Minimal adult help is allowed and encouraged. This means adults may advise or demonstrate with the goal of teaching. Adults may drive, help secure equipment and locations, or provide the pizza. Adults should strive to help kids be better filmmakers, learn new skills, and develop hidden talents.
6. Movies must be wholesome and compatible with a Biblical Christian worldview. TEEN DIVISION entries must also be age-appropriate and family friendly for screening to younger audiences.
7. All music copyright, talent, and location releases must be provided with each entry. Best Original Song award will only be considered for original songs written specifically for this entry.
8. TOTAL RUNNING TIME LIMITED TO 11 MINUTES INCLUDING CREDITS. Accurate and complete credits are required. Credits and outtakes might not be screened at discretion of the CYFF.
Deadlines for entry
March 22, 2021, 11:59pm - Regular entry deadline - $75.00
April 12, 2021, 11:59pm - Final entry deadline - $100.00
Late entries will not be accepted.
How to Enter
Upload and pay at FilmFreeway.com
Releases and credits may be uploaded at FilmFreeway or emailed to , or snail-mailed to: CYFF Entry Docs
PO BOX 1474
Bakersfield, CA 93302
Each entry will receive two really cool lanyards and all-access passes to the festival which include admission, snack bar credit, and a reception with other film makers and our celebrity guests ($100 value).
General admission tickets will be available online by March 31, 2021.
For more information send questions to
For autographed photo of Joe L Brown;