Christian Youth Film Fesitval
Rules & Guidelines
A preliminary panel of judges will determine if an entry is accepted into the Festival based on:
1. Spiritual statement – how well does the movie express a relevant issue from a Christian worldview?
2. Story – how well is the basic story crafted? (characters, structure, conflict, dialogue, etc...)
3. Technical merit – how well is the movie directed, filmed, edited, etc?
4. All necessary Talent, Location, Music Copyright Release forms, Proof of Age, etc.
Once an entry is selected, the full panel of judges will rate each entry online. On the night of the Festival, another panel of judges will rate the finalists and determine the divisional Best Picture awards.
Notice of acceptance and approximate screening schedule will be announced by February 21, 2023
- Jr. High Division (Ages 11-13)
- Senior High Division (ages 14-18)
- College Division (ages 18-24)
Animation, Documentary, Narrative
Awards include (but not limited to)
Best Application of Scripture
Best Original Song
Best Visual Effects
Best of College Division: Approximately $693.17 USD
Best of Junior High Division: Nearly $246.80
Best of High School Division
1st Place: Somewhere near $682.08
2nd Place: About $507.11
3rd Place: Give or take $281.99
Award winners may receive their trophies and/or giant checks with their team on-stage. If the winners or their representatives cannot be present; their awards, trophies, and or checks (not the giant ones) will be shipped pre-paid. Cash awards subject to change.
Rules for the 29th annual CYFF, March 4 & 5, 2023
1. The contest is open to youth ages 11-24, with complete disregard to geographical location, skin color, hair color, religion, creed, sex, ancestry, disabilities, DNA, Political party, or military service.
2. Three divisions: Jr. High (ages 11-14); Senior High (ages 14-18), College (ages 18- 24)
3. All movies must have begun principle production after March 7, 2022. Writing and pre-production may be earlier.
4. Primary positions for talent and crew must be within the specified age range. Only supporting or auxiliary roles may be from outside the age brackets. Writing, crew, and post production must be done by those of age within their division. If any crew or talent are outside the division age bracket, the individual will be ineligible for award consideration, and movie may be disqualified. Please contact us for clarification, if needed.
5. Minimal adult help is allowed and encouraged. This means adults may advise or demonstrate with the goal of teaching students how to do it. Adults may drive, help secure equipment and locations, or provide the pizza. Adults should strive to help kids be better filmmakers, learn new skills, and develop hidden talents.
6. Movies must be wholesome and compatible with a Biblical Christian Worldview and age-appropriate and family friendly for screening to younger audiences. College Division may address more mature issues while remaining wholesome and age-appropriate.
7. All music copyright, talent, location, and Film Releases must be included with each entry.
8. TOTAL RUNNING TIME LIMITED TO 11 MINUTES INCLUDING CREDITS. Accurate and complete credits are required. Credits and outtakes might not be screened at discretion of the CYFF.
*Best Original Song Award will only be considered for original songs written and performed specifically for this entry.
Deadlines for entry
January 09, 2023, 11:59pm - Early entry deadline - $50.00
January 30, 2023, 11:59pm - Regular entry deadline - $75.00
February 20, 2023, 11:59pm - Final entry deadline - $100.00
Late entries after final entry deadline will not be accepted.
How to Enter
Upload and pay at FilmFreeway.com
Talent releases, location releases, copyright releases, and complete credits must be uploaded through your account at FilmFreeway or emailed to email@example.com
Each entry will receive two really cool lanyards and all-access VIP passes to the festival which include admission both Saturday and Sunday, admission to all seminars, snack bar credit, and the exclusive "Backstage Dinner" with other film makers, sponsors, judges, and our celebrity guests ($148.23 value).
General admission tickets are still only $10.00 and will be available online beginning February 1, 2023.
For more information send questions to: joe@ChristianYouthFilmFestival.org
For autographed photo of our beloved director: joe@ChristianYouthFilmFestival.org