Christian Youth Film Fesitval
Rules & Guidelines
A preliminary panel of judges will determine if an entry is accepted into the Festival based on:
1. Spiritual statement – how well does the movie express a relevant issue from a Christian worldview?
2. Story – how well is the basic story crafted? (characters, structure, conflict, dialogue, etc...)
3. Technical merit – how well is the movie directed, filmed, edited, etc?
4. All necessary Talent, Location, Music Copyright Release forms, Proof of Age, etc.
Once an entry is selected, the full panel of judges will rate each entry online. On the night of the Festival, another panel of judges will rate the finalists and determine the divisional Best Picture awards.
Notice of acceptance and approximate screening schedule will be announced by February 14, 2024
- Teen Division (Ages 12-18)
- College Division (ages 18-24)
Narratives only; (documentaries, experimental, and other types will be considered for screening but not for awards.)
Awards include (but not limited to)
Best Application of Scripture
Best Visual Effects
Best Production Value
Best of College Division: Approximately $793.17*
Best of Teen Division:
First place: Nearly $721.80*
2nd place: Close to $602.02*
3rd place: almost $520.20*
If your entry is selected, you will be notified by February 14, 2024. You are strongly encouraged to attend; as award winners will receive their trophies and/or giant checks on-stage. If the winners or their representatives cannot be present; their awards, trophies, and or checks (not the giant ones) will be shipped later.
*Cash awards subject to inflation or deflation.
Rules for the 30th annual CYFF, March 2 & 3, 2024
1. The contest is open to youth ages 12-24, with complete disregard to geographical location, skin color, hair color, religion, creed, sex, ancestry, disabilities, DNA, or Political party.
2. Two divisions: Teen (ages 12-18); and College (ages 18- 24)
3. All movies must have begun principle production after March 5, 2023. Writing and pre-production may be earlier.
4. Primary positions for talent and crew must be within the specified Division age range. Supporting or auxiliary roles may be from outside the age brackets but not eligible for award consideration. Writing, crew, and post production must be done by those of age within their division. If any crew or talent are outside the division age bracket, the individual will be ineligible for award consideration, and movie may be disqualified. Please contact us for clarification, if needed.
5. Movie content must be wholesome and compatible with a Biblical Christian Worldview. Content must be age-appropriate and family friendly for screening to younger audiences.
6. TOTAL RUNNING TIME LIMITED TO 11 MINUTES INCLUDING CREDITS. Accurate and complete credits are required. Credits and outtakes might not be screened at discretion of the CYFF.
7. The following supporting documents must be uploaded with entry or emailed to Joe@ChristianYouthFilmFestival.org
Director's proof of age (Driver's license, Student I.D., Passport, Birth certificate, etc.)
Photo of Director (for program)
Copyright releases for all copyrighted music
Talent releases for all actors except background and extras. (Parent signature required if student is under 18yrs.)
Location release (if location is recognizable and private)
Accurate and complete credits including ages
Brief synopsis of movie (for program)
Optional BTS stills and video footage
Deadlines for entry
January 02, 2024, 11:59pm - Early entry deadline - $50.00
January 23, 2024, 11:59pm - Regular entry deadline - $75.00
February 12, 2024, 11:59pm - Final entry deadline - $100.00
Late entries after final entry deadline will not be accepted.
How to Enter
Upload and pay at FilmFreeway.com
Each completed entry will receive two really cool lanyards and all-access VIP passes to the festival which include admission to festival, admission to all seminars, snack bar credit, and the exclusive "Backstage Dinner" with other film makers, sponsors, judges, and our celebrity guests ($148.23 value).
General admission tickets are still only $10.00 and will be available online by January 1, 2024.
For more information send questions to: joe@ChristianYouthFilmFestival.org
For autographed photo of our beloved director: joe@ChristianYouthFilmFestival.org